Over 8 million jobs have been lost in the last two years. The real unemployment rate is just below 20 percent, and much higher in Michigan and other states. The Democrats’ response has been to radically increase spending, propose new taxes, and impose costly government mandates and regulations. No wonder employers are reluctant to hire these days.
Ray’s solution for creating an economic climate that encourages job growth:
- Halt any proposed regulation which has an economic cost, would result in more job losses, or have a major negative impact on small businesses.
- Halt federal tax increases that kill jobs.
- Lower the deficit by reducing domestic spending.
- Assist community banks and small businesses affected by the downturn in the commercial real estate market.
- Reform the unemployment system to help the unemployed find work and lower payroll taxes to encourage hiring.
- Halt federal regulations and taxes that encourage employers to export jobs overseas.
- Remove barriers to domestic energy development which would lower energy costs and create new jobs.
Campaign Telephone: 912-228-5092